Welcome!

"In the world through which I travel, I am endlessly creating myself." -Anonymous

Monday, October 18, 2010

PJ Day and Picnic with puppy & Co.

My eyes opened around 3pm on Saturday.  This was quite comical.  My roommates all had the same idea in mind; Saturday would be a lazy day.  I sat around in my pjs all day.  I sent some emails, cleaned my room, and did some french homework.  For dinner I made one of my famous homemade pizzas and it was scrumptious!  I wanted to walk Chulo for a bit around the house, and my roommate suggested that I pick up a bar of chocolate so we could make a tasty snack later.Chulo wouldn't bugde at first, but then he managed to escape from his leash while in my purse, and he took off down the street.  I was more excited than worried.  I put his leash back on, and he walked with me down the street and I felt like a proud mom!! I felt like my child had taken his first steps!  His urge to walk did not last long, so we returned to the house soon.  My roommate Tatiana and I sat in darkness, with our food and with Chulo and watched movies in our pjs.  During the commercials we got up to make our experimental snack.  We poured some milk into a small sauce pan and then dropped pieces of the chocolate bar into the mixture and added a dash of sugar.  It smelled amazing!  We needed something sweet to eat with our hot chocolate, so I decided to invent something with what I had.  I put a lot of butter in a skillet and put a piece of round pita bread in it. I sprinkled sugar and brown sugar over the top and flipped it over.  Great invention!  Our night of sweets and movies was stupendous!

Sunday I was supposed to wake up and go to practice at 10, but I knew when I went to sleep at 4:30am that would not happen.  I rolled out the bed around 11:45 and began to prepare my picnic goods.  I had made a date with my Brazilian friend, Livia, to have a picnic with our dogs in the park.  I made a big salad and packed Chulo a bag, and headed to the park.  More friends joined us there; an Italian guy and girl, another American teacher, a spanish girl, and another brazilian girl.  I was excited to make Chulo a new friend; his first one actually!  Her dog was much bigger than Chulo's measly 2lbs, so he did more observing rather that playing.  The dogs got along great, and Chulo liked the park. The picnic was very fun and relaxing.  We all sat and talked and ate for hours. Our conversations ranged from marriage to democracy, to racism to roommates, and scandals and dictatorships, and food and travel, and education.  It is amazing how people who are so different can have so much in common.  I absolutely love having such diverse friends, and meeting new people!   We are planning a roadtrip for just one day next weekend to a nearby city, just the girls!

We left the park around 6pm, when it started to get a little chilly.  I decided to walk all the way back home anyway, in order to continue my city explorations.  Once again, I tried walking Chulo the whole way, but between the crowed street and his reluctant saunter, I soon zipped him inside my jacket.  He loves it in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment